Hi fellow travelers!
Let’s continue talking about our job:
You use the progressive -ing form of work to talk about a temporary job. For example, if you say ‘I’m working in Manaus’, this suggests that the situation is temporary and you may soon move.
And simple forms to talk about a permanent job. If you say ‘I work in Manaus’, this suggests that Manaus is your permanent place of work.
‘He was working as a private pilot because his business venture had failed.’
business venture is a new business that is formed with a plan and expectation that financial gain will follow.
- Used as a noun:
There’s a lot of work to do.
- You can use as with work to say what a person’s job is:
Maria works as a pilot.
She works as a cook.
- You work for a person, company, or organization that employs you:
He works for the Government.
We both work for the same company.
- You work at a particular place or organization:
She works at the Air Force / Army / Navy .
- You work in a type of place such as a bank, shop, hotel or factory:
She works in an airport.
- You work on a project or task:
Several people worked on the report.
…Have a great Holiday !